EARLY BIRD ACCESS TOUR TO CHICHÉN ITZÁ FROM CANCÚN & PLAYA MUJERES
Your tour begins with an early morning departure. Arriving at Chichen Itza, join your specialized guide for an in-depth tour of the site, and enjoy the tranquility of your early-morning visit before the crowds arrive. Throughout the trip, your archaeological guide’s commentary provides essential background to the well-preserved site of Chichen Itza. Learn how this large pre-Colombian city played an important role in Mayan civilization from around A.D. 600 to 1200, and remained a center of worship and pilgrimage until the arrival of the Spanish. Even today, it is still considered a sacred site by the Yucatán peninsula’s Maya population. Like many of ancient Mexico’s cities, the site was abandoned, and its ruins were hidden by jungle. Hear how the site was discovered and unearthed by archaeologists, gaining UNESCO protection and considered today one of the New Seven Wonders of the World. Your guide will explain the philosophy, cosmology and mythology behind this ancient site, such as the meaning of the stone carvings, pyramids, platforms, ball courts and staircases. Visit the Observatory, Temple of the Jaguars, Temple of the Warriors and of course the famous El Castillo, also known as the Temple of Kukulkan. Return around 3:00 p.m.
- Beat the crowds and midday heat on an early-access tour of Chichen Itza.
- Gain priority access to the wonder of the world and explore in more comfortable temperatures.
- An archeologist guide provides important historical and cultural details
- A boxed lunch and round-trip transfers from meeting points are included.
What to Expect:
- The tour begins with early morning pickup from a meeting point in Cancun, where you board an air-conditioned coach destined for the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Chichen Itza.
- Early access to the ruins means you beat large crowds and explore the ruins in more comfortable morning temperatures. Listen to commentary featuring essential historical and cultural information and visit highlights such as the Ball Court, the Temple of the Warriors, and the iconic Kukulcan Pyramid (El Castillo).
- Once the site starts to become crowded, return to your vehicle and have the rest of the afternoon to spend at your leisure.
- It is recommended that you bring comfortable walking shoes and camera.
- Note: An additional fee is required for the use of video camera at the site. The fee is between $10USD to $25USD (depending on the device) and must be paid directly on site on the day of the tour.
- Note: The tour is on shared basis and there is a private guide per each group of up to 20 people.
- Please note that all visitors to Chichen Itza will need to pay a local tax of $417 mxn. Only credit card payment the day ot the tour.
- Not wheelchair accessible.
- Stroller accessible.
- Infants must sit on laps.
- We care about your safety and we guarantee a safe route by toll road to Chichen Itza.
- This tour is special needs friendly. Please contact Cthulhu Divers with any concerns or requests.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 60 travelers.
Get in touch and book Chichén Itzá tour today!